Monday, June 05, 2006

Oooh! Ahhh!



I've been looking over toward the baseball field every night, in hopes I'd catch a fireworks display but they either don't do that in the major leagues or the weather has been too rotten.

Saturday night I heard the sound of pyrotechnics and went to the window to find their source.

Nothing from the baseball stadium. Nothing as far as I could see - and I can see pretty dang far from the 45th floor.

Then I saw the cascade of glittering lights reflected in the obsidian sides of the Hancock Tower!

(Evidently, the fireworks were over at Navy Pier - which cannot be seen from our side of the building.)

I imagine that the view from this apartment is simply amazing on the 4th of July.

We'll be out of here by then. In fact, I'm returning home in a few days and SoBoy will be loading up the last of our stuff in a couple of weeks.

Come the 4th, I'll be quite content to spend the evening on my own porch - listening to the neighbors' bottle-rockets whizz through our trees and watching lightning bugs.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home